Phone: (919) 549-8411
The 62nd International Instrumentation Symposium (IIS) is sponsored jointly by the Aerospace Industries, Test Measurement, and Process Measurement and Controls Divisions of ISA. IIS is recognized internationally as the outstanding forum for discussion of new and innovative instrumentation techniques, development, and applications. The symposium will include ISA Training, paper sessions, short courses, workshops, and tutorials. Papers will be considered for publication in ISA’s technical journal, ISA Transactions, On-line Conference Proceedings and other ISA Journals.
Sponsored by ISA’s Aerospace Industries (ASD), Test Measurements (TMD), and Process Measurement and Control (PMCD) Divisions, in collaboration with ISA’s Automatic Controls and Robotics (ACARD) and Chemical and Petroleum Industries (ChemPID) Divisions, and the Propulsion Instrumentation Working Group (PIWG).
For 2016, ISA is partnering with the Machinery Failure Prevention Technology (MFPT) Society to offer a valuable combined event called the 62nd ISA International Instrumentation Symposium (IIS) and MFPT 2016.
ISA’s 62nd International Instrumentation Symposium (IIS) is one of the professional society’s longest running conferences. The organizers of the 62nd IIS Symposium are very excited to partner once again with the MFPT Society, co‐locating for maximum learning opportunities! This is the instrumentation, prognostics, and health management event to attend in 2016 as IIS joins MFPT to bring you an exciting new program with four tracks on health management and instrumentation related papers and presentations plus something extra. But one thing hasn’t changed, and that is the collaborative effort by four ISA divisions - Aerospace Industries, Test Measurement, Process Measurement, and Control and Communications - to produce a strong technical program.
And the extra something?
1. Two excellent ISA short courses
· Industrial Wireless Systems (Course No.: IC85C): This course will cover the most relevant details associated with industrial wireless systems with an emphasis towards how the various technological choices coexist, interoperate, and interact with each other. Numerous examples of real-world deployments are covered for facilities such as supervisory control and acquisition (SCADA) systems, petrochemical plants, electrical power generation, and transmission systems. The operational differences posed to the wireless system’s performance by discrete manufacturing needs, monitoring of devices, and even control systems are addressed.
· Introduction to Industrial Automation Security and the ISA/IEC 62443 Standards (Course No.: IC32C): This course teaches you the basics of the ISA/IEC 62443 standards and how these can be applied in the typical factory or plant. In this seminar, you will be introduced to the terminology, concepts, and models, as well as the element of creating a cybersecurity management system will be explained along with how these should be applied to industrial automation and control systems.
2. The Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon panel sessions. Unlike the usual paper sessions in which the audience is allotted a few minutes for questions at the end of each presentation, the panel sessions are intended to be highly interactive and the audience will be strongly encouraged to dialogue with the panel of experts. The goal is to foster the exchange of ideas between the end users and the solution developers.
· Tuesday: End User Wants and Needs
· Technology Solutions and Successes
If that’s not enough to make you want to come, there’s our Wednesday (25 May) evening social event.
Dinner. We have reserved the Carillon Brewing Company, which has a selection of craft beers brewed on site. It's a 5 minute drive from the Crowne Plaza, and we shall meet there at 6 PM for dinner (with a beer or two!). Sign up when you make your Conference registration (for a small cover charge of $25 per person to cover dinner, excluding drinks).
Talk. Following dinner we shall have what promises to be a stimulating talk from John Laurence Busch, an independent historian and author who focuses on the interaction between humanity and technology, specializing in the first generation of steam‐powered vessels. He has devoted years of research to discovering the true story of Captain Moses Rogers and the steamship Savannah. He has written a book about the story called "Steam Coffin", described by numerous book reviewers as the definitive account of what truly is America's sea saga.
Click here for the 62nd IIS 2016 Brochure
For more information click on this link.
2016 Process Control Symposium-Sponsored by Process Measurement and Control, Safety and Security, Chemical and Petroleum, Communications, Education, Pulp and Paper, Management Division of ISA and the ISA Houston Section are teaming up to bring a world-class program, exhibit, and networking event to Houston, Texas, in November 2016.
Conference tracks, featuring sessions led by the world’s leading experts, will cover critical instrumentation, communications, control systems, safety and security topics. Engineers, technicians, and plant managers from the oil and gas, refining, chemical, petrochemical, and other process industries will benefit from this three-day intensive event. Social events, keynote presentations, panel discussions, training courses, and an exhibit featuring leading companies will round out the event.
“The Houston market has so many experienced process professionals across many different industries, and we all have critical interests in common, like instrumentation, communication networks, and control systems,” said Edward Naranjo, Process Measurement and Control Division Symposium Program Organizer. “Subject Matter Experts and Automation Professionals in 7 ISA Divisions and the Houston Section are developing a top-notch program featuring sessions on safety instrumented systems, cybersecurity, and more–and these are topics that our process automation community sees as instrumental to their operational success.”
The International Society of Automation invites you to present your
work at the 2016 Process Control & Safety Symposium and Exhibition. For more information please click on the " Call For Papers PCS 2016 Flyer " Link and open it in a new tab/window.