When to Recertify
The CAP and CCST programs require that you recertify every three years to maintain your certification. The purpose of recertifying is to ensure that as a CAP-certified professional or a CCST-certified control system technician, you maintain the same level of knowledge originally demonstrated when you passed the written examination.
ISA’s recertification process for the CAP and CCST programs require no forms or supporting documentation. Your recertification will have an expiration date three years from the date of the current expiration.
ISA sends recertification reminders in the form of emails and postcards; however, it is the responsibility of the certification holder to pay the recertification fee at the appropriate time. Please ensure that you keep your contact information updated with ISA so that you will receive these notifications. If you have issues logging into your ISA account, please contact one of our Customer Support Representatives at Info@ISA.org or +1 (919) 549-8411.
If you do not recertify within four (4) months after your expiration date, your certification is considered lapsed and you must reapply and retest. To keep your CAP or CCST certification active, pay your recertification fee as early as 60 days before your expiration date. If your certification has expired, email email@example.com for more information.
By paying your recertification fee, you self-certify that you:
- Have accumulated the appropriate number of Professional Development Points (PDPs) over the last three (3) years; and
- Acknowledge that you may be subject to a random verification audit and will fully agree to provide the supporting documents that prove your qualifications.
Recertifying for the CAP requires at least 150 Professional Development Points (PDPs) over the last three (3) years. Use the Activity Record form to determine whether you have met your PDP requirement.
If you meet the PDP requirement, visit the CAP Recertification by PDPs page to pay the recertification fee.
If you cannot meet the appropriate number of PDPs and still want to recertify, then you may recertify by exam on the CAP Recertification by Exam page.
Recertifying for the CCST requires at least ninety (90) Professional Development Points (PDPs) over the last three (3) year. You earn thirty (30) PDPs per year when you work more than 1,500 hours per year. If you meet your PDP requirement, click the appropriate CCST Recertification by PDP link below.
- CCST Level l Recertification by PDPs
- CCST Level Il Recertification by PDPs
- CCST Level IIl Recertification by PDPs
- CCST Level l Recertification by Exam
- CCST Level Il Recertification by Exam
- CCST Level IIl Recertification by Exam
CAP Recertification by PDPs (no exam)
- $270 ISA Member
- $340 Affiliate Member/Community Member/List
CAP Recertification by Exam
- $310 ISA Member
- $420 Affiliate Member/Community Member/List
CCST Recertification by PDPs (no exam)
- $210 ISA Member and Union Member
- $265 Affiliate Member/Community Member/List
CCST Recertification by Exam
- $300 ISA Member and Union Member
- $375 Affiliate Member/Community Member/List
A random selection of recertification certificate holders will have their recertification audited. Those who are chosen during the audit process will be contacted and will be required to provide verification of job duties and documentation of PDPs that is needed for recertification.
If you feel you were wrongly denied credit for a CPD activity, then you have the right to appeal. Visit the Grievances and Appeals Process page to learn more.