ISA certificate courses include a certificate test after successful course completion, which is delivered through our testing partner, Scantron. Certificate tests are offered for the following certificate programs:
- Automation Project Management Specialist—New!
- CAP Associate
- CST Associate
Certificate Test Scheduling
After you submit your course completion certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org and request your test, you will be emailed a Notice to Schedule from email@example.com. Follow the instructions in the email to schedule either online or on-site testing through the online test scheduling system.
It is important to be certain when selecting the method and time you want to take the test. You may incur fees if you change the time and method of testing. Tests must be scheduled in advance as follows:
- Candidates in the United States and Canada: You must submit your scheduling request at least two calendar days prior to your desired test date
- Candidates in other countries: You must submit your scheduling request at least five calendar days prior to your desired test date
If you do not receive confirmation of your scheduled test within two business days of submitting the request, please contact Scantron by phone at +1 919-572-6880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are taking a certificate test (listed below), you have a six-month testing period. Your testing period begins on the day you submit your course completion certificate to email@example.com and request your test. You must complete all testing within the six-month testing period, including any reschedules or retests. Candidates have two hours to complete the test.
- Automation Project Management (APM) Specialist—New!
- ISA/IEC 61511 SIS Fundamentals Specialist (SFS)
- ISA/IEC 61511 SIL Selection Specialist (SSS)
- ISA/IEC 61511 SIL Verification Specialist (SVS)
- ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Fundamentals Specialist (CFS)
- ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Risk Assessment Specialist (CRAS)
- ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Design Specialist (CDS)
- ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Maintenance Specialist (CMS)
If you are taking an associate test list below, you have a twelve-month testing period. Your testing period begins on the day you submit your course completion certificate and request your test. If you take the Associate test only, the beginning date is the day you apply for and purchase the test.
- Certified Automation Professional Associate
- Control Systems Technician Associate
Certificate Fees Payment
Certificate test fees are included with the course cost. ISA accepts checks, certified checks, money orders, or credit cards. Make checks payable to ISA. Purchase orders are not accepted. Payment must be received with the document before it will be processed.
The fees are NOT refundable. It is the responsibility of the applicant to thoroughly review the requirements for an test and apply for the test at the level at which he/she is qualified. No refunds will be made for applicants who do not show up for testing on the appropriate test date.
There are no group discounts for course fees.
Rescheduling an Test
Applicants may reschedule a test appointment during the six-month testing period by contacting Scantron at least two days (48 hours) prior to the scheduled test time for locations in the United States/Canada, and at least five days (120 hours) prior to the scheduled test time for all other locations. No reschedule fee will apply.
Candidates who do not appear for their scheduled test appointment, arrive more than 15 minutes late, or do not give proper advance notice of intent to reschedule their test will incur a fee of 150 USD. The test must be rescheduled within your six-month testing period. If you are outside the six-month testing period, you must register again for the required course and test and re-take both.
Failing a Certificate Test
If a candidate fails the test, he/she may retest as many times as needed within their six-month testing period. The fee is 150 USD each time retesting is needed. If a candidate does not pass the test within the six-month window after the course and would like to receive the certificate, the applicant must register for the course and test again and re-take both.
Displaying Your Certificate Program Credentials
ISA recommends the following for displaying or noting your credentials. Because these are certificate programs and not certification programs, you should not list your certificate designations directly after your name. On your business card (signature block, resume, etc.), you should display/include your certificate designation in an area distinctly separate from your name and certificate/licensure/degree designations (e.g. CAP, PE, MBA, etc.). When possible, include "Certificate" or "Certificate Holder" after your designation listing (e.g. ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Fundamentals Specialist Certificate Holder or ISA/IEC 61511 SIL Selection Specialist Certificate Holder).
ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Certificate Credentials
- If you have achieved ISA/IEC 62443 Certificate 1: ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Fundamentals Specialist (ISA/CFS)
- If you have achieved ISA/IEC 62443 Certificate 2: ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Risk Assessment Specialist (ISA/CRAS)
- If you have achieved ISA/IEC 62443 Certificate 3: ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Design Specialist (ISA/CDS)
- If you have achieved ISA/IEC 62443 Certificate 4: ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Maintenance Specialist (ISA/CMS)
ISA/IEC 61511 Safety Certificate Credentials
- If you have achieved Certificate 1: ISA/IEC 61511 SIS Fundamentals Specialist. (Do not use ISA84 SFS.)
- If you have achieved Certificate 2: ISA/IEC 61511 SIL Selection Specialist. (Do not use ISA84 SSS.)
- If you have achieved Certificate 3: ISA/IEC 61511 SIL Verification Specialist. (Do not use ISA84 SVS.)
- If you have achieved Certificates 1 and 2: ISA/IEC 61511 SIS Fundamentals and ISA/IEC 61511 SIL Selection Specialist. (Do not use ISA84 SFS and SSS.)
- If you have achieved Certificates 1 and 3: ISA/IEC 61511 SIS Fundamentals and ISA84 SIL Verification Specialist. (Do not use ISA84 SFS and SVS.)
- If you have achieved Certificates 1, 2, and 3: ISA/IEC 61511 Safety Instrumented Systems Expert. (Do not use ISA84 SIS Expert.)
Verifying Computer Set-Up for Online Exams
Your Notice to Schedule (NTS) email from Scantron will have links for you to check your computer system. It is important to verify that your computer meets the minimum requirements below, and that you have reliable access to the Internet. An internet connection disruption will suspend the exam session. If you have computer system questions after following the instructions provided by Scantron's schedule confirmation email, please contact Scantron at +1 919-572-6880 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: If taking the exam online, you must use a computer on which you have full admin access.
Note: Scantron is changing to Meazure Learning. Scantron, Meazure Learning, and ProctorU are all one-in-the-same organization.
On or before 4 October, 2022:
- Check your set-up for Scantron's delivery system.
- Configure your set-up for the LOP environment before the exam.
- Check your set-up for Meazure Learning’s delivery system
- Preview the Candidate Experience with ProctorU
- Browse the ProctorU Resource Center
Items to Bring for In-Person Exams
- Your valid, government issued photo ID (e.g., driver's license, passport, state-issued ID card)
- The printed exam confirmation notice you received from Scantron.
- No other items can be brought into the exam environment. A calculator and any other needed resource materials will be provided on the computer for those taking the exam electronically.
All ISA certification exams are closed-book. No reference material will be allowed in any test room. Please note that storage space will be limited.
For all CCST level exams, Units Conversion Tables will be provided to candidates in either paper format (paper/pencil exams) or accessible within the electronic test interface for reference during the exam. Click here to review the Units Conversion Tables.
Cancelation and Rescheduling Policies
Cancelling an Exam
You can cancel an exam through the online exam scheduling system.
- Online exam appointments must be cancelled no less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment date and time. There is no cancellation fee
- Exam center appointments must be cancelled no less than two calendar days prior to the scheduled testing appointment. There is a cancellation fee of 50 USD payable to Scantron via a secure e-commerce site (credit card)
Scheduling a Retest or Missed Exam
You may retest as many times as needed within your exam window. However, there is a retest fee each time that is payable to ISA. If you are outside your exam window, contact email@example.com. If you are within your exam window, you may reschedule your exam appointment before the online and test center reschedule cut-off times via the online exam scheduling system.
There is no rescheduling fee to change the time and date from one online exam appointment to another online exam appointment. However, it must be changed no less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment date and time.
There is no rescheduling fee to change the time and date of an online exam appointment to an exam center appointment. However, it must be changed at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled appointment. Additionally, you must reschedule the new appointment no less than two calendar days in advance of the new appointment at a Scantron test center.
You will incur a rescheduling fee of 50 USD if you change the appointment time and/or date of a test center exam appointment. Rescheduling fees are payable to Scantron via a secure e-commerce site (credit card). The reschedule cut-off time is no later than two calendar days prior to the exam appointment. Additionally, if you are scheduling a new online exam appointment, it must be done no less than 24 hours prior to the new appointment date and time.
No-Shows and Late ArrivalsIf you fail to appear for a scheduled exam, or arrive more than 15 minutes after the scheduled start time, fees will apply. See reschedule fees without proper advance notification. You must reschedule your exam within your twelve-month exam window.
Retaking Missed Exams
If you are within your exam window, you may retake a missed exam. However, there will be a reschedule fee, payable to ISA. To reschedule, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact customer service at email@example.com or +1 919-549-8411 with your request.
You may qualify for an exception if you meet certain conditions and submit documentation to Scantron no later than five calendar days after the scheduled exam appointment. If the exception is approved, there will be a no-show exemption fee of 50 USD payable via secure e-commerce (credit card) and collected by Scantron. Please contact Scantron by phone at +1 919-572-6880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Scantron will email the results to you immediately after you complete the exam. If you pass, you will receive an email containing a digital badge from email@example.com within 48 hours of completing the exam.
ISA does not provide a passing score; you are only notified whether you passed or failed. If you fail an exam, you will receive a score report that lists the domains and indicates the percentage of questions answered correctly within each domain. Note that the percentages are not used to calculate a candidate’s passing score.
If you do not receive an email containing your results within 24 hours, please contact Scantron by phone at +1 919-572-6880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.