The ISA CST Associate Recognition program will give you a recognition that demonstrates your commitment to a career in automation and control and shows that your educational accomplishments are only the beginning. An ISA CST Associate will have specialized work experience and/or an educational background in instrumentation and control or a related field and be able to successfully complete an ISA examination. The ISA CST Associate examination is designed to measure a fundamental understanding of knowledge in instrumentation and control.
A CST Associate will meet specific criteria based on educational courses or work experience in automation and control, electrical, electronics, or mechanical technologies at the time of submitting an application.
One of the following backgrounds will satisfy the requirement:
- Successfully completed 16 semester course hours or 24 quarter hours from an educational institution within the related technology areas. Courses in basic science, mathematics, social science, humanities, and communications will not count toward the requirement.
- Completed two year academic degree in related technology area (e.g. degree in Instrumentation Engineering Technology). Related technology areas include instrumentation, measurement and control, electrical, electronics, or mechanical technologies. Computer programming courses related to practical engineering applications will qualify.
- Two years of work experience in related technology area with a minimum of a high school diploma.
Note: This recognition program is not a certification. Those who take the CST Associate examination may be interested in pursuing the ISA Certified Control Systems Technician® (CCST® ) program, once the education and/or experience level reaches five years. Successfully completing the CST Associate exam equals one year of education good toward the Level I CCST requirements. Learn more about the CCST program.
Apply for Recognition
- $85 ISA Member
- $95 Affiliate Member/Community Member/List
You will be emailed a testing eligibility code within 5 to 10 business days and instructions to schedule your exam through Scantron, our third party testing provider. Visit the certificate exams and testing page to learn more.
Submit payment for the retesting fee. You will be emailed within 5 to 10 business days with next steps.
- $40 for ISA Member and Affiliate Member/Community Member/List
Contact an ISA Certification Administrator at +1-919-990-9459 or email@example.com.