- About ISA
- Policies and Operational Guidelines
- Policy on Society Executive Board Responsibilities and Authorities
Policy on Society Executive Board Responsibilities and Authorities
The responsibility for overseeing ISA’s business belongs to the Executive Board. Even though the Board may delegate specific actions and authority to other volunteer bodies or staff, the ultimate accountability remains with the Executive Board.
Executive Board members are fiduciaries and owe their allegiance to ISA with respect to ISA’s activities. Executive Board members are privy to plans, strategies and other “inside” information. This information must not be used to benefit themselves or others at the expense of ISA.
Generally, Executive Board members are not personally liable for decisions and actions made on behalf of ISA, even if the decision proves detrimental to the interests of ISA, as long as they act in good faith as required by the legal duties of care, loyalty, and obedience. The bylaws permit ISA to indemnify Executive Board members against liability and costs of defending against legal claims. ISA also maintains insurance to help protect against the personal liability and defense costs of Executive Board members.
- Serves as Chairperson of the Board of the Society
- Presides over meetings of the Executive Board and Council of Society Delegates
- Represents the Society to the membership and to the public
- Reviews, with the Treasurer, the financial transactions of the Executive Director
- Acts as Secretary of the Society, taking minutes of all Society meetings
- Serves as chief strategy officer of the Society, ensuring long range planning in support of the strategic activities of the Executive Board
- Authorizes use of the Corporate Seal of the Society for appropriate documents
Immediate Past President
- Serves as Chair of the Board of Directors of Automation Standards Compliance Institute (ASCI).
- Serves as Chair of the Board of Directors of Automation Federation (AF).
- Supports the President in parliamentary procedures and standing rules during Society meetings
- Oversees the Society’s finances
- Assures that the Society’s accounting records and procedures are adequate for audit and report purposes
- Serves as a member of the Board of Directors of Automation Standards Compliance Institute (ASCI)
- Serves as a member of the Board of Directors of Automation.com