- About ISA
- Policies and Operational Guidelines
- Operating Policy for the Council of Society Delegates (CSD)
Operating Policy for the Council of Society Delegates (CSD)
The general powers, composition, meeting and voting rules are set forth in the Society bylaws. This policy provides further operational details.
The Society President chairs all meetings of the Council, including setting the agenda and appointing the Resolutions and Credentials Committees.
- This group is typically comprised of the Society Past President, Treasurer, and President-elect Secretary.
- The committee receives all resolutions not submitted to the agenda by the Executive Board to review for potential addition to the agenda.
- This committee reviews and approves the minutes of the meeting.
- Delegates represent the voice of the section membership, reviewing the agenda and amendments with section leaders and members in advance of the meeting.
- The District Vice President provides passes to the delegates in advance of the meeting and provides the official list to the Credentials Committee.
- This group is typically comprised of department vice presidents or committee chairs.
- The committee assists in verifying credentials of delegates through roll call, tallying the number of Sections and membership votes represented.
- After the figures are tabulated, the Credentials Committee announces the totals so the President may declare the presence or absence of a quorum.
- Ex-officio members of the Council may participate in the discussions, including proposing resolutions and amendments.
- Seating is assigned by District.
- A delegate wishing to speak must be recognized by the chair and provide his or her name and Section.
- All motions and amendments must be presented to the President-elect Secretary in writing.
- All resolutions, except those offered by the Executive Board, must be presented to the President-elect Secretary the day prior by 1700 in the time zone in which the meeting is conducted.
- Debate is limited to two minutes for each speaker.
- Voting is conducted at the option of the Chair. When required, a roll call vote shall be conducted.
- The President appoints a committee to approve the minutes of the meeting.