A division is a group of professional members who have chosen to affiliate around a specific technical interest.
Divisions are technical hubs that connect members with similar technical interested to create and curate content.
Establishing and Maintaining Divisions
Eligibility for Petitioning:
- Industrial or technical subject that is associated with ISA’s mission and vision
- It is unique from existing divisions
- At least 30 professional members interested in forming a division
- Acting officers willing to lead a new division
- At minimum: a Director, Director-Elect, and two supporting leaders identified
- A division purpose and vision (i.e – business plan)
In Good Standing
It is expected that divisions adhere to the following requirements:
- Comply with ISA policies
- Maintain at least 100 minimum members
- Have, at a minimum Director, Director-Elect, and 2 others in good standing and on record with ISA Headquarters
- Submit a business plan and annual report by the prescribed dates
- Division must be engaging with division members twice annually
Not In Good Standing
If the requirements are not met quarterly, a division will be deemed not in good standing. Status of those not in good will be reevaluated quarterly. These divisions forfeit benefits, including but not limited to, consideration for Society awards, voting privileges, and travel funds to leader meetings.
Division that are not in good standing with ISA policies and procedures may need to be disestablished. The Chair will provide a report to the committee annually to show which divisions are in good standing and not in good standing. The committee discusses if a division needs to be considered for disestablishment and the committee votes. Occasionally, a division may choose to disestablish. The committee reviews and approves the disestablishment as needed. The following outlines the procedures for both instances:
For not in good standing:
- The division is subject to disestablishment.
- The directors of the division submit a request to their committee chair
- The committee reviews and approves the disestablishment
Upon disestablishment, the division will stop using all ISA intellectual property. Any endowments will be transferred to ISA scholarship endowment within 60 days.