Classes of Membership
Membership in ISA is open to all persons interested in automation profession and the objectives of the Society. Classes of membership are defined in the Society Bylaws. [Bylaws, Article IV, Paragraphs 2 and 3]
Individuals may apply for all classes of membership except Fellow and Honorary Member. Individuals are nominated for Fellow and Honorary Member and approved by the ISA Executive Board. The honors of Fellow and Honorary Member are conferred at the same event where Society awards are conveyed.
In addition to the publications made available to members per Bylaws Article XIX, ISA membership also provides opportunities for additional benefits including reduced fees for Society products and services, and other programs overseen by the Image & Membership Department and approved by the Executive Board.
Membership Certificates and Jewelry
Certificates that designate the grade of membership are provided to each member at the time the membership grade is attained. Pins are available and are color-coded as follows:
- Regular Member - white and gold, may be purchased
- Senior Member - red and gold, may be purchased
- ISA Fellow - blue and gold, presented with Fellow designation
- Honorary Member - green and gold, presented with Honorary membership
Society ISA headquarters is the sole source of jewelry.
Society Membership Card
Membership cards are transmitted to members in good standing bearing the signature of the Executive Director.
Various items with ISA may be purchased by Society Members, sections and divisions from an ISA preferred vendor.
The Society values the contributions of volunteer Society leaders and formally recognizes their services as follows.
Retiring Society Officers, Executive Board Members, and Vice Presidents
During the Annual Meeting of the Society, elected Society leaders receive recognition as follows:
- Each retiring Society officer, Executive Board member and vice president receives from the president an ISA pin, designating service as Past Officer, Past Executive Board, or Past Vice President.
- The president receives from the president-elect an engraved token to commemorate service and an engraved membership card.
- The president-elect receives from the president a diamond membership pin and inscribed gavel.
Other Society Leaders
Upon completion of the term of office or appointment, each of the following Society leaders receives a certificate, signed by the retiring president recognizing his or her specific service to the Society: Society-level standing committee chairs, section presidents, student section faculty advisors, division directors, and department directors. These certificates are available in the retiring officers’ member profile.