Length: 2 days
CEU Credits: 1.4
Course Hours: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
Take Courses EI05 and EI10 and Save!
Combo Price: *ISA Member, $2,810; Affiliate Member, $3,160; Community Member/List $3,515
Related Course: Industrial Flow Measurement Engineering (EI10)
Note: Please contact Customer Service to receive combo pricing.
This course presents the principles and applications of modern pressure, level, and density measurement systems. Emphasis is placed on instrument design technologies; system performance and design; and specification, selection, installation, and maintenances requirements.
You will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of measurement for monitoring, control, and custody applications
- Apply the characteristics of fluid properties that relate to pressure and level measurement
- Identify various types of transducers used in pressure and level measurement
- Identify the operation of various types of level measurement devices
- Use specified criteria to select a method for pressure and level measurement
- Apply general maintenance, calibration, and safety requirements for specification and selection of various types of pressure and level measuring instruments
- Engineer fundamental level and pressure measurement installations
- Calculate calibration data for different for process and installation conditions
- Compare the signal generation and conditioning involved in pressure, differential pressure, and level transmitters
- Select and apply devices and systems for industrial pressure and level measurement
- Specify and use smart transmitters in level and pressure measurement processes
You will cover:
- Review of Measurement Principles: Definitions | Accuracy Statements | Instrument Requirements
- Pressure Transducers: Pressure Elements | Signal Generation | Pressure/Force Relationships | Selection
- Performance Criteria: Definitions | Calibration Principles | Procedures and Adjustments | Selection Criteria | Gages | Transmitters | Transducers
- Smart Transmitters: Operation | Applications | Calibration | Configuration
- Level Measurement Methods: Visual | Contact | Non-Contact
- Level Measurement Technologies and Applications: Hydrostatic | Electrical Transducers | Applications
- Specification: Pressure Instrumentation | Level Instrumentation
- Installation Practices: Pressure | Level | Density Instrumentation
- Density Measurement Devices and Applications: Technologies | Installation Requirements | Performance
- Evaluate pressure/level instrument performance vs. published specifications
- Evaluate level instrument performance and accuracy
- Specify pressure and level instruments for a variety of specific application requirements
- Calculate calibration ranges for DP and other level transmitters
- Calculate effects of fluid property changes on pressure, level, and density measurement
Includes ISA Text: Industrial Flow Measurement
Recommended Resources: Practical Thermocouple Thermometry
Includes ISA Standards:
- ISA-20-1981 Specification Forms for Control Instruments, Primary Elements, and Control Valves
- ISA-TR20.00.01-2006 Specification Forms for Process Measurement and Control Instruments Part 1: General Considerations
If you wish to register offline, download the Training Registration Form, complete, and return to ISA with your payment.
Not sure this particular course is for you?
A pre-instructional survey is available for you to evaluate your level of understanding of the course material and to show you the types of questions you'll be able to answer after completing the course.