THE INSTRUMENTATION, SYSTEMS, AND AUTOMATION SOCIETY
PULP AND PAPER INDUSTRY DIVISION SCHOLARSHIP
The Pulp and Paper Industry Division of The Instrumentation, Systems, and Automation Society has established a scholarship to increase interest in the instrumentation and process control components of the pulp and paper industry. One $2000 scholarship will be offered for the current school year. One will be offered to a student entering their junior year, and the other to a student entering their senior year. The winner of the junior year scholarship is eligible to apply for the senior year scholarship the following year, on an equal basis with all other candidates.
Selection of the scholarship winner will be based on the Scholarship Committee's opinion of the candidate's potential contribution to the pulp and paper industry.
To be eligible to apply for one of the scholarship, a candidate must be:
1. Either a student member, or a dependent of a member of the Instrument Society of America.
2. Enrolled as an undergraduate leading to a bachelor's in an engineering, science, or pulp & paper program or a graduate leading to a master's degree in a pulp & paper program.
3. A junior or senior during the current school year or if a graduate student within one year of receiving the Master's degree.
4. Able to demonstrate a significant interest in the instrumentation/process control component of the pulp and paper industry.
Candidates can download the application form complete it and return it to Patrick J. Dixon, PUPID/ISA Scholarship,
1. Completed application form.
2. Official transcript from the applicant's university.
3. Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant’s character, interest in the pulp and paper industry, educational accomplishments, school activities and leadership roles.
Scholarship winner will be notified by April 15. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified at the same time.