Overview of Industrial Flow Measurement Engineering
|Week 1:||Fluid Properties|
Instrument Performance Measures
Linearization, Compensation & Totalization
|Week 3:||Flow Meter Introduction & Calibration|
|Week 4:||Differential Pressure Flow Meters|
Magnetic Flow Meters
Mass & Open Channel Flow Meters
|Week 6:||Oscillatory Flow Meters|
Positive Displacement & Target Flow Meters
Thermal & Turbine Flow Meters
Ultrasonic/Variable/Correlation Flow Meters
Insertion & Bypass Flow Meters
|Week 9:||Flow Meter Selection|
Includes ISA Text: Industrial Flow Measurement, 3rd edition
Includes ISA Standards:
- ISA20-MAR1981 Specification Forms for Control Instruments, Primary Elements, and Control Valves
- ISATR20.00.01-2006 Specification Forms for Process Measurement and Control Instruments Part1: General Considerations
Features of ISA CyberU online course:
Online Pre-recorded Course Modules
Your instructor has pre-recorded each course module so that you can access the course presentations on your schedule. Each module is a web/audio session that takes approximately 60 minutes.
Ask the Expert
Interact with your expert instructor via email throughout the course and through scheduled live Q&A sessions. You can expect a reply to your email within 24 hours. This email address is active during the entire course duration.
The Q&A sessions provide an opportunity for you and your classmates to speak one-on-one with the instructor. You will have an opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the course material and interact with your fellow classmates.
You will be invited to subscribe to a course listserve that includes course participants. You can use this listserve to post questions and share experience relevant to the course with other class members.
Course Assignments and Exams
- Take the course pre-test before you begin studying the course material to get a better understanding of areas that you will want to focus on more during the course.
- Homework assignments for all modules will be indicated on the syllabus. The homework assignments are designed to help expand your understanding of the course material.
- Complete the final exam for the course in order to receive Continuing Education Units (CEU) credit. The final exam will be taken and scored online. You must receive at least 80% on the course exam to receive CEU credit and certificate of completion.