Technical Assistance Resources
Assistance with Standards
- For information on published ISA Standards, Recommended Practices, and Technical Reports, conduct key word and topical searches at www.isa.org/standards
- For information on standards from other organizations, conduct key word searches of the following databases:
- American National Standards Institute - www.nssn.org
- International Electrotechnical Commission - www.iec.ch
- International Organization for Standardization - www.iso.ch
- For information on ISA standards committee activities, select from the list of committees at the following URL, then email the "staff contact" for information - www.isa.org/standardscommittees
- For an opinion on applying or interpreting an existing ISA Standard, Recommended Practice, or Technical Report, select from the committee list at the following, then email the "Voting Member Chair" with your question - www.isa.org/standardscommittees
Assistance with Application and Product Information
ISA does not provide application advice on specific instrumentation, equipment, or systems, but you may wish to consider the following sources of opinion and information.
- ISA's InTech Email Forum - Subscribe to this email list and post your question to several hundred professionals – someone may answer your question to the full list or contact you privately. To subscribe, select "Join InTech" at www.isa.org/controls
- ISA Technical Divisions - Find professionals that have specialized interests and experience in various technologies or industries. Some of the leaders of ISA’s Technical Divisions may be willing to help you or direct you to other resources. See the list of Technical Divisions and the volunteer leaders at www.isa.org/divisions/divisionlist
- ISA Technical Community Email Forums - Subscribe to one of the email lists associated with each of multiple technology and industrial communities of practice and post your question to other professionals – someone may answer your question to the full list or contact you privately. To subscribe, pick a community and select "Join Email List" at www.isa.org/technicalinformation
- ISA Technical Papers, Books, and Software - Purchase and learn from ISA’s extensive technical information resources - www.isa.org/StoreSearch/Advanced
For companies offering specific types of instruments or systems, select "Products."
For installation, calibration, or other application guidance, select "Manufacturers" for contact information for the manufacturers of the devices or systems you are using.
For consultants, calibration specialists, and product testing and certification firms, select "Services," then "Service Categories."
Other useful sources:
US National Electrical Code and electrical standards for industrial machinery: National Fire Protection Association - www.nfpa.org
Metrology and calibration practices: National Conference of Standards Laboratories - www.ncsli.org
Assistance with Market Information