InTech provides the most thought-provoking and authoritative coverage of automation technologies, applications, and strategies to enhance automation professionals’ on-the-job success.
- Web Exclusive: ISA fully engaged in cybersecurity
Presidential Executive Order on Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity draws comprehensive response from ISA and AF
- Web Exclusive: Projects commissioning with Fieldbus Foundation
The commissioning and configuration of digital communications of a field-level network, such as Foundation Fieldbus, is fundamental to obtaining certification of the digital communication
- Special Section: 13 ways through a firewall: What you don’t know can hurt you
Firewalls are seen as pillars of both business-focused and industrial, control-system-focused cybersecurity programs. But how secure are firewalls really?
- System Integration: Taking control of energy use
Most energy-intensive businesses think of electrical bills as a cost that must be borne, rather than one that can be managed. Efforts to improve business sustainability are changing this, but
- Cover Story: Leveraging DoD wireless security standards for automation and control
Over the last several years, the use of wireless networks in control systems has yielded a number of benefits to critical infrastructure.
- Automation IT: Tapping hidden manufacturing potential using OEE
Ever wonder how much capacity might be hidden in your plant? Need more control over your materials, equipment, and quality? Overall equipment effectiveness could help with both.
- Factory Automation: Keys to integrating automation, MES, and business systems
Delivering an integrated manufacturing execution system (MES) is complex; however, by focusing on the key factors outlined in this article...
- Process Automation: Simple, model-based process control
Often, nonlinearity is the primary problem for single-input-single-output (SISO) chemical process control. One solution is to design the process for PID control success –
- ARC publishes global service provider selection guide
ARC Advisory Group released its global service provider (GSP) supplier selection guide. The guide includes both selection criteria and guided workflow steps for choosing a services company. The scope of the criteria covers the needs of corporate IT and manufacturing IT, including communications with control systems. The guide has attributes tailored for industrial organizations and allows those involved in a GSP selection process to make quicker and improved decisions.