ISA18.00.02 - “Management of Alarm Systems for the Process Industries” Technical Report (TR) Working Groups (WG)
Governance of the WG will be in accordance with the ISA Standards and Practices Department Procedures 2008 Revision section 4.4.
Each workgroup shall have:
- Two co-chairs (chairs). At least one chair shall be a user.
- A roster of the WG membership, including voting and informational members.
- The co-chairs of ISA18 are included as voting members of each WG.
Each WG shall:
- Begin under an informal comment period and make a decision on when to transition to a formal comment process.
- Conduct at a minimum two rounds of draft/formal comments of each TR prior to the TR WG ballot.
- Approve each TR by ballot of the WG voting members prior to submission for an ISA18 committee ballot.
Limited, for each WG, to the scope of the ISA18.00.02 standard and bounded by the life cycle model and included activities. Therefore, the content of each TR shall not conflict in any way with the wording or intention of ISA18. Care should be taken to reference appropriate portions of ISA18, building upon the work therein.
Each WG shall document example methodologies for the activities in the appropriate life cycle stages.
Each TR shall:
- Provide more than one acceptable example methodology if the methodology is vendor specific.
- Use the same terminology and definitions as ISA-18.2 and other standards.
- May recommend one methodology, if it is not manufacturer specific.
- Should specify any assumption on methodology.
- Should provide more than one example if utilized.