ISA's Pulp & Paper Industry Division (PUPID) is dedicated to advancing the knowledge and skills of professionals in the pulp and paper and forest products industries including those employed in the manufacturing facilities as well as engineering and construction consultants. PUPID members' main concerns are the measurement, control, and optimization of processes in the pulp and paper and forest products industries; the acquisition and handling of raw materials whether virgin fiber or recycled paper products; supporting research and development programs and the sharing of applications insight and standards and practices for the entire paper process, from raw materials through finished product; fabrication and construction; processing and inspection required for finished pulp and paper and forest products production; improving product quality of the finished products and maintaining environmental quality through the optimum utilization of the best technology available.
PUPID member benefits include:
- Almost fifty years of joint conferences and symposia with the other global pulp and paper and forest products industry societies.
- Mailed and electronic newsletters that include both technical tips; new product showcases; discussion of upcoming division conferences, symposia, and special activities, as well as news from global pulp and paper technical societies.
- A website that provides online access to technical information including past conference and symposia presentions and papers.
- An email list server to provide a forum in which our members can networking with engineers, technicians and managers who are involved in the industry to discuss technical issues, new product applications and resolve process and process control challenges in the mill.
- Scholarships for student members or children of members who wish to pursue a career in the pulp and paper and forest products industries.
- Reduced registration fees for division symposia as well as reciprocal society events.
Join us today!
Watch and listen to the ISA Careers Video.