ISA Regular Section
Requirements for Active Section Status
ISA Regular Sections must meet four requirements to maintain active status. Here are the four requirements:
Minimum of thirty (30) members
Annual submittal of the names of current Section leaders
Offer a minimum of three Section meetings each year
Submittal of a business plan and budget
1. The thirty (30) member minimum is for thirty professional members. Student Members assigned to a Regular ISA Section are not included in the required thirty Member count.
2. The majority of ISA Sections operate on a Section year of 1 July thru 30 June. These Sections submit their new leaders’ names by 15 June each year. For Sections on a calendar year – January thru December – their new leaders’ names are expected to reach ISA headquarters by 15 December.
3. The three required meetings are separate from your executive board meetings. Meetings that contribute to the required three include your technical offerings, educational courses, tabletop show, and the start-up event at the beginning of your programming year.
4. In keeping with best practices, your business plan and budget probably are already in place. If not, guidelines and an example are posted online for your review.
Recognition as an active Regular Section is tied to the timeline for seating a Delegate for the annual Council of Society Delegates Meeting, which is held in conjunction with EXPO each fall. The dates are:
1 September - Number of members - ISA bylaws require the report be run the first day of the month prior to the Council of Society Delegates Meeting. See Bylaws, Article XII, Paragraph 2c.
2. 30 September - Three remaining requirements - Requirements set by District Board for meeting active status. See District Board MOP SEC 5.2 and 5.3.
Only Active Sections receive rebates and may seat a Delegate at the Council of Society Delegates meeting each fall.
1 January 2009