Setting the Standard for Automation™
ISA - The Instrumentation, Systems, and Automation Society
ISA DLC 1/5 Trip Summary April 27-29
Mike Van Voorhis
ISA SOUMI Section Secretary
It was an honor to represent ISA SOUMI at the District Leadership Conference (DLC). This article gives members a brief summary of what took place:
Day 1.Section leader reports status were made to Tom Devine District 1-VP and Harriet Radvansky 5-VP. This was a valuable forum. I learned that other sections are challenged with the same issues;
- Member interest and retention
- College campus communication
- Focus on the future of ISA generations; X, Y
- Large Corporation issues and their need to continue to support ISA membership
Day 2.Sections learned about ISA-individuals and relationships
- Interpretation of personality preference types through the Meyers-Briggs diagnostic tool.
In addition, there were excellent presentations to strengthen ISA Sections and leadership:
- ISA RTP Update. . Who (ISA) was and who ISA is now now. . .
- ISA Section Leadership Responsibilities presentation
- ISA 5 Core Competency Overview- Standards, Certification, Education & Training, Publishing and Conference/Exhibits
- ISA RTP Corporate website Section Support features
- ISA CAP program Overview and promotion presentation
- ISA Divisions Overview and promotion presentation
- Great meal and discussions at Top-of-The Falls restaurant
Important Note: If you are a member, looking for more ISA involvement, contact your section leadership board to find out how you can be invited to attend the next DLC! This is great leadership development - - what ever stage you are in career or life.
In summary, the Niagra, NY location was central to all who traveled. It supported every participants need to understand past leadership trends, current membership strength in the ISA District, and Section goal development. The Niagra Section did an outstanding job to support the information exchange environment. This will only strengthen ISA section leadership!
Secretary ISA Southeastern Michigan Section