Digital interactive line card
“Automation and Instrumentation Solutions for Power Plant Applications” is a new digital interactive line card. The interactive line card includes pop-up “Selection Hints” that link to technical product information on the company’s website. It also includes links to areas on the website where users can get answers to instrumentation questions fast from the company’s application experts. In a concise “bullet item” format, the line card provides instrumentation solutions and applications for today’s mature power plants. Such power plants present unique challenges when performing maintenance, repairs, replacement and upgrades. Often, companies that provided in-place instruments are long gone. Monitoring and control requirements may have changed. More, and better, process instrumentation is needed to improve operations and decrease costs. Topics include:
- Installing Distributed I/O to circumvent extensive new wire installation, monitor boiler tube, burner tip, and cooling pump temperatures, track tank levels, and data archiving,
- Replacing and installing new Signal Transmitters, Isolators and Converters to convert legacy signals to standard 4-20mA signals, and low-level RTD and thermocouple signals for current signals that can better withstand transmission through a noisy plant,
- Using Process Controllers, Monitors and Backup stations as hot PID backups for critical drum level measurements, and as remote manual stations or field controls,
- Evaluating new Alarm Trips and Switches for on/off control or emergency shutdown applications and for Safety Instrumented Systems,
- Using HART technologies for smart instrumentation to break out additional analog and discrete signals, possibly to monitor and provide continuous status data for critical high-pressure steam lines,
- Fieldbus Technologies, AC Power Transducers and Monitors, and I/P and P/I Converters are also presented.
“Automation and Instrumentation Solutions for Power Plant Applications,” can be downloaded as a PDF free through the corporate website at http://miinet.com/products/data_sheets/Power_Plant_Line_Card.pdf.