Division Symposia Program Chair
1. Duties and Responsibilities - The Division Symposia Program Chair is responsible for planning, coordinating and executing division symposia technical programs.
The Division Symposia Program Chair's primary duties consist of:
- Recommending topics and speakers for all meetings programmed by the division.
- Coordinating sessions programmed by the division to assure cohesive presentations with respect to subject matter and level of sophistication.
- Proposing going programming efforts with other divisions, sections and external organizations
- Acting in accordance to the procedures outlined in the Symposium Operating Guide.
- Coordinating the evaluation of papers.
- Recommending papers considered appropriate for the Society's "Excellence in Documentation Award."
2. Position Parameters - The following list is the basic parameters for the position of Division Director:
- Term of Office - 1 year, eligible for reappointment
- Resources Available - Division Symposia Operating Guide, Division leaders and members.
- Time Commitment - 2-4 hours per week
- Meeting Obligations - Division Symposia Planning Meetings, Division Symposia
- Qualifications - Technical knowledge, ability to plan, schedule, and prioritize papers
- Method of Appointment - Appointed by the division director