Division Session Developer
1. Duties and Responsibilities - The Division Session Developer's role is to recruit speakers to present technical papers at division symposia or the annual conference.
The Division Session Developer's primary duties consist of:
- Distributing B3-2 forms, "Intent to Present" to prospective authors.
- Notifying authors of their papers acceptance or rejections.
- Monitoring authors to assure that final manuscripts are submitted to ISA in a timely fashion.
- Meeting with the Division Program Committee to determine from which technological areas papers will be sought.
- Providing a timetable to the author for submission of his paper.
- Making all arrangements with authors regarding their presentation, registration, author breakfast and audiovisual needs.
- Working closely with the division program chair and ISA staff.
2. Position Parameters - The following list is the basic parameters for the position of Division Session Developer:
- Term of Office - 1 year, eligible for reappointment
- Resources Available - Symposia Operating Guide, Program Chair
- Time Commitment - 2-4 hours per week
- Meeting Obligations - Division Symposia, Division Meetings
- Qualifications - Good organizer and planner
- Method of Appointment - Appointed by Program Chair