1. Duties and Responsibilities - The Division Section-Division Liaison Representative establishes two-way communication between Sections and Divisions; promotes joint programming between Sections & Divisions; encourages Section members to join at least one division in both the A&T and I&S Department.
The Division Section-Division Liaison Representative's primary duties consist of:
- Informing Sections of specific services performed by divisions.
- Encouraging division members to attend and become active in local section meetings.
- Providing the sections a list of division speakers willing to make technical presentations at local section meetings.
- Informing the Section of important technological breakthroughs in the industry.
- Conducting clinics and workshops that benefit Section members.
- Promoting divisions in all sections by presenting slides and film presentations.
- Informing the division director the progress made in an annual report.
2. Position Parameters - The following list is the basic parameters for the position of Section-Division Liaison Representative.
- Term of Office - 1 year, eligible for reappointment
- Resources Available - Computer reports, Section-Division Liaison Steering Committee, Division brochure.
- Time Commitment - 1 hour each week
- Meeting Obligations - Division Meetings
- Qualifications - Basic understanding of division operations and budgets, interested in promoting section and division activities.
- Method of Appointment - Appointed by the division director