Division Honors & Awards Chairman
1. Duties and Responsibilities - The Honors and Awards Chairman recognizes contributions of members within the division and recommends individuals with outstanding achievements to the Society Honors and Awards Committee.
The Division Honors and Awards Chairman's primary duties consist of:
- Revising as necessary the written descriptions of all division awards, including a brief history, purpose and qualifications and the administration and judging of the awards
- Recommending to the division director, prior to annual division budget preparation, how much money to include in the division budget for purchasing certificates of appreciation, plaques, memorabilia and honoraria.
- Coordinating the purchase of all awards through the appropriate Society staff.
- Providing the newsletter editor with background information and photos on the recipients of all division awards.
- Interfacing with the Society's Honors and Awards Committee.
2. Position Parameters - The following list is the basic parameters for the position of Division Honors and Awards Chairman:
- Term of Office - 1 year, eligible for reappointment
- Resources Available - Society Honors and Awards Committee, ISA Manual of Organization & Procedure, Division Operating Guide.
- Time Commitment - 1 hour per week
- Meeting Obligations - Division meetings and symposia
- Qualifications - Understanding of divisions and Society awards, knowledge of members and their ISA accomplishments
- Method of Appointment - Appointed by the division director