1. Duties and Responsibilities - The Division Director-elect assists the director in achieving the goals and objectives of the division.
The Division Director-elect's primary duties consist of:
- Assisting the director in the administration of the division.
- Aiding the director in the preparation of the annual division budget.
- Serving as director in the latters absence, or if the position becomes vacant, it shall be filled by the director-elect for the unexpired portion.
- Carrying out special projects or studies as required by the director.
- Assisting in the development and coordination of a division long range plan.
2. Position Parameters -The following list is the basic parameters for the position of Director-elect:
- Term of Office - 1 year
- Resources Available -ISA Manual of Organization & Procedures, Division Operating Guide, Division Financial Management Guide, Division Director, Advisory Boards, Dept. Vice President, and ISA Staff.
- Time Commitment - Average 1-3 hours per week.
- Meeting Obligations - Division meetings held in conjunction with division symposia and division meetings held at the President's Winter, Summer and Fall Meetings.
- Qualifications - Division member in good standing. Knowledge of division operations.
- Method of appointment - Appointed by the division director.