Automation Career Connection
An Automation Week event
6-8 October 2009
ISA EXPO, Reliant Center, Houston, Texas
Automation Career Connection offers a multitude of activities related to careers in automation. It's designed to bring industry professionals, academia, college students, middle and high school students, and those interested in getting involved with the automation profession to these special event offerings:
- YAPFEST - Gives students and automation professionals, ages 18-30, the chance to network with others who are interested in careers in automation—all in a festive atmosphere.
- iAU2M8.09 - Introduces the concept of automation to middle and high school students and provides examples of the many career choices through educational displays, a keynote presentation, and more activities related to the automation profession.
- Undergraduate Student Research Conference - An opportunity for pre-selected college students to show their fundamental knowledge and skills in an information exchange focused on research projects.
- Business & Academic Leads Roundtable - Presented by the Institute for a Competitive Workforce - US Chamber of Commerce, this program invites business and academia together to discuss critical topics including, Business-Education Partnerships: The Road Both Travelled; Better Education Data - A Key to Effective Educational Decisions; and the National Governors Association - Common Core Initiative. This program will be held on 6 October from 9:00 a.m.–10:45 a.m.
- Re-employment Webcast Summit - A live webinar presented by the US Department of Labor that will focus on critical areas of concern for the unemployed and "need-to-knows" for re-employment into the workforce. Those currently unemployed in the automation profession or those looking to advance in their careers are encouraged to attend. This free webcast will take place on 7 October from 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.