CAP Learning System
Close Out Sale going on now!
Quality Materials: Comprehensive content developed by ISA experts
Effective Learning: Books and online review questions teach, test, and reinforce concepts tested on the CAP exam
Efficient Studies: Pre-test results help you focus your efforts on trouble areas
Convenience: Self-study format allows you to study when and where your schedule permits
Exam Preparation: Online testing tools help relieve exam anxiety and build confidence
Savings: Minimize time away from work and save with corporate group discount pricing
The CAP certification is for professionals who are interested in increasing their knowledge and expertise in the field of automation. CAP certification will help you advance your career while giving you the foundation to improve your company's competitive position, efficiency, and profitability.
The CAP Learning System is a great option for you if you…
- Would like to enhance your knowledge of the automation profession
- Are interested in CAP certification
- Have employees that would benefit from automation training
- Are looking for a turn-key, cost-effective, high quality training option
ISA’s CAP Learning System is an interactive online and text-based course that comprehensively covers the body of knowledge on which the CAP certification exam is based.
This learning format offers many advantages. First, you can study the materials at your own pace as your schedule allows. Second, the online tools help you determine your initial level of knowledge, create a study plan based on your individual needs, reinforce your studies with practice tests, and track your learning progress through progress reports
A. Print components
The CAP Learning System contains seven printed modules covering the entire CAP body of knowledge, based on A Guide to the Automation Body of Knowledge. These seven modules follow the seven technical topics tested by the CAP exam.
The books are formatted to facilitate efficient learning and review. Each section lists learning objectives followed by the related content. The following is a brief overview of what you will learn.
Module I: Basic Continuous Control
Module II: Basic Discrete, Sequencing, and Manufacturing Controls
Module III: Advanced Control Topics
Module IV: Reliability, Safety and Electrical
Module V: Integration and Software
Module VI: Deployment and Maintenance
Module VII: Work Structure
B. Online components
The online portion of the course consists of the following components.
- Overview. This will guide you through the CAP Learning System.
- Pre-test. Before beginning your studies, complete the pre-test to determine your initial level of knowledge. The pre-test consists of 50 multiple-choice questions covering content drawn from all seven technical topic areas. Each question provides you with immediate feedback. A running total of questions answered correctly is provided as you proceed through the test. The pre-test results will provide you with an indication of those areas that require the most attention, helping you to focus your studies.
- Module-specific tests. After studying the printed materials for each module, complete a timed module-specific test. Functioning similarly to the pre-test, the module-specific tests allow you to check your understanding and retention of materials within a given module. The questions include immediate feedback, answer rationales, and reference to the relevant sections in the text so you can review trouble areas.
- Post-test. Conclude your studies with a timed 50 question post-test that closely emulates the computer-based CAP exam format. The post-test is made up of all new questions covering content drawn from the entire program. Your score and a summary of results and feedback are all provided after you complete the post-test. The post-test results will measure your knowledge gain, reveal areas that require further study, and increase your comfort level with the CAP exam. With a score of 80% on the Learning System post-test you will also earn 2.1 CEUs.* *Determination of the passing score for the CAP Learning System post-test is not related to the passing score for the CAP exam.
- Online glossary. Accessible any time during the program, the pop-up glossary allows you to look up definitions of terms without leaving your current activity.
- eFlashcards. These online flashcards will help you review and test your knowledge of key automation terms and definitions.
- Reports. Individuals and/or managers can track course progress through a reporting feature that includes pre- and post-test scores and module-specific test scores.
ISA Member Pricing
Affiliate Member/Community Member/List Pricing
|Single Purchase Order Now|
Close Out Price!*
For details or additional discount information:
*Close Out Details
- The CAP Learning System will be available in its current form through 31 December 2013.
- The $100 discount is available from 1 October - 31 December 2013.
- Support for the system will be provided through 31 December 2014.