1. Duties and Responsibilities - The Division Director's role is to provide continuity within the division by acquainting him/herself with the responsibilities of each officer position within the division organizational structure.
The Division Director's primary duties consist of:
- Appointing the director-elect, other officers, and committee chairmen necessary to carry out the objectives of the division.
- Preparing the annual division budget with the assistance of the director-elect and the division treasurer and submitting it to the Department Vice President
- Submitting a written Annual Report to the Department Vice President by the President's Summer Meeting.
- Selecting the site, date and administrative plan for all division symposia.
- Providing assistance and guidance to all committee chairmen.
- Initiating programs, projects, liaison contacts and communications for achieving division/department objectives.
- Establishing liaison with Society staff and the Department Vice President
- Attending the Society President's Winter, Summer and Fall Meetings as well as the annual conference and exhibit, participating in the conduct of society business and representing the best interest of the division at the department meetings.
- Approving all expenditures incurred by the division
2. Position Parameters - The following list is the basic parameters for the position of Division Director:
- Term of Office - 1 year, eligible for reappointment
- Resources Available - ISA Manual of Organization & Procedure, Division Financial Management Guide, Advisory Boards, Dept. Vice President, and ISA Staff
- Time Commitment - Average 2-4 hours per week
- Meeting Obligations - President's Winter, Summer & Fall Meetings, Society Annual Conference & Exhibit, Division Meetings.
- Qualifications - Division member in good standing. Understanding of, and willingness to assume the duties required. Ability to attend meetings, company support and financial backing.
- Method of Appointment - Appointed by the Department Vice President