To encourage active Student Sections, a yearly refund of the full dues of the Student Section Advisor is provided by ISA (dues only, no Divisions) IF the Advisor qualifies. To qualify:
1. The Advisor must be a dues-paying member of the Society.
2. The Advisor’s Student Section must be active. Active status means that…..
3. The group is meeting regularly.
4. There are at minimum 14 dues-paid Student Members assigned to the Student Section.
5. The Section has duly elected officers.
6. The President and Advisor are coded to those positions in the ISA database.
This benefit is available only once in a 12-month period. Where there are co-Advisors, you will need to alternate years or split the reimbursement.
This benefit is NOT automatic. To initiate the refund, you need to contact your Staff Administrator. First, however, make sure you qualify.
NOTE: ISA does not give free memberships to Student Section Advisors. However, when your membership comes up for renewal, contact your Staff Administrator to confirm that you qualify for the reimbursement. ISA will work with you to facilitate your renewal.
Only dues paid by the Advisor qualify for reimbursement under this program.